02. Clear Quartz
One of my favorite crystals is also one of the most common: Clear Quartz. It is a natural form of Silicon Dioxide and can be found as transparent or translucent. It can be found throughout the world, but most notably in Brazil and Arkansas, US.
Clear Crystal Quartz is also known as the "master healer" or "universal crystal" due to its many uses and healing properties. It is said to be an amplifier of energy and thought. When paired with other crystals, it is also said to amplify the effects of them. It has a very strong vibration and excellent metaphysical properties. It absorbs, stores, releases, and regulates energy. It clears negative energy and balances and harmonizes the environment.
Although Quartz is associated with the Crown Chakra, it also works to balance and energize all the other Chakras. It is a perfect stone for ultimate enlightenment and spiritual growth.
Today is June's Full Moon! I love Full Moons and always use them as a powerful way to apply their strong energy into re-aligning and balancing rituals for myself. A Full Moon acts as a time of releasing, and a good reminder to sit and re-focus or re-apply your goals each month. Is there anything that you would like to release and anything new that you would like to bring in? Now is the time to release what does not serve you and start focusing on the direction you would like to move in.
Full Moon Ritual
- Sit quietly and reflectively. Write down on a piece of paper a list of things you would like to release.
- Create a sacred space either inside or outside under the Full Moon. You may use and surround yourself with your favorite crystals, smudging Sage or Palo Alto, and light at least one candle.
- Read through your list, with the thought of letting go and releasing.
- Sit with your eyes closed and imagine yourself letting go of your list of paper into the universe.
- Blow out the candle(s) and feel the release along with the flame.
- Tear up the piece of paper.
Full Moons are also a good way to cleanse your crystals of their stale or old energies. Crystals and absorb negative energy, so cleansing them (energetically) allows them to return back to their original vibrational frequency.
Full Moon Crystal Cleansing
- Place your crystals into a shallow and wide bowl and leave it outside under the Full Moon. Or, place your crystals directly on dirt outside under the Full Moon.
- Bring inside the following morning.
- If you forget to place your crystals outside on the night of the full moon, it's okay! The Lunar energy is strongest for 3 days - before, during, and right after a Full Moon. Any one of these nights will work!